Monday, August 21, 2006

The Wedding Shawl



Pattern: Print o'the wave lace, in my own rendition. I cast on nine full repeats of the lace pattern (borrowed from Eunny's stole) flanked by a half repeat on either end. Knit straight until casting off. Knitted cast on, russian joins, russian cast off.

Yarn: Misti Alpaca Laceweight, natural color, just over 2 balls (with only 2, it'd be only a few inches shorter)

Needles: Inox express circs, size 3

Size: 15x54 (unblocked), 20x70 (blocked), 19x64 (relaxed)

The weather was so mild that I hardly needed to wear this, but it was a delight to knit and makes such a splendid keepsake. Lovely and light when wrapped around my shoulders. And one of the reasons that I wanted a stole rather than a triangular shawl, aside from prefering the aesthetics, is that it doubles as a soft and snuggly scarf.

I could not be happier with this lace!

2 comments:

Veronique said...

Congrats! The stole looks beautiful, adn so fo you! And bravo for making something that you really can wear outside of a wedding.

Anonymous said...

You did a beautiful job -- it really suits you. Congratulations!