Wednesday, May 11, 2011

purple blossoms

I had the loveliest Mother's Day this year. My sister and I took a little road trip down to Durham, North Carolina with our beautiful mom. Here are the girls, reveling in the gorgeous Duke Gardens. It was amazingly lush and purple!






As it happened -- unplanned -- I was working on a purple, flowery lace project that coordinated perfectly with the gardens. This is just a swatch. The rest of the project shall remain secret for a while.

But tell me, what kind of flower does it look like to you? I'm thinking maybe a crocus ...

4 comments:

Acorn to Oak said...

Such beautiful flowers! I especially like those really tall ones behind where you are sitting. Your yarn matches some of the flowers perfectly! :-)

kathy b said...

I dont' know,
but I love the image of your sis and your mom and the FOXGLOVE

pattie in Geneseo said...

yeah, crocus!
beautiful pic of you 3 girls!

Kathryn said...

I'd say crocus, or maybe tulip, although I've never seen a purple tulip.