Thursday, June 02, 2011

storm clouds

Tornadoes swept through Massachusetts last night. Here in Boston we were spared the worst, but we did have an incredible thunderstorm late in the night. And before that, an evening of unsettling skies and strange weather, with wildly, wickedly roiling clouds.

You could say it was a dark and stormy night ....


I was journeying across town to see a friend and snapped the photo with my cell phone camera. I keep trying to discern Voldemort's face in it ...

Speaking of storm clouds, the Storm Cloud Shawlette made it to 1000 Ravelry projects last month. What a milestone! I can hardly believe that this little wisp of a thing that I put out into the world has reached into the lives of so many people. Thank you.

6 comments:

Acorn to Oak said...

Whoa! Those are some creepy clouds! I'm glad you were ok. Crazy weather, eh?!

Elle said...

I do so love that Storm Cloud Shawlette pattern as I've made 3 of them, in 3 different weights. It's so versatile.
I'm with you on those tornadic clouds, I've seen tooooo many of them this spring in TN.

lexa said...

We had the worst thunder storms last night starting just before midnight for about four hours that we've had in years. I can't remember the last time we had anything like it. We rarely ever lose our power, but it went out at 2:20am, but luckily it came back on an hour and a half or so later.

kathy b said...

I may just be 1001. THat is an awesome awesome pattern! I love your storm clouds.......thanks for taking the time to snap the image for us!

Kim O'Brien said...

I'm just getting ready to make my very first! I have wanted to for so long. Yay!

kjsutcliffe said...

Fantastic cloud formations! And well done on your shawlette - well deserved x