Tuesday, June 12, 2012

leaves on a tree

Another weekend, another landscape.  This time it was the San Jacinto mountains. Sturdy and rugged. Granite and Ponderosa Pines.


I tucked a few balls of yarn into my rucksack, and I made progress with six more leaves. The buttery yellow is an organic wool that I naturally dyed with juniper and creosote bush.  Goes beautifully with the olive green that I showed you last week.

You can start to see how the leaves fit together, how they'll be sewn together to form a blanket.  It's curved in the picture, though, because they're on a tree trunk here!!  The leaves, unblocked, curl up on themselves.  It was only by sticking them to the rough bark of a pine that I could get them laid out like this to show you.

3 comments:

Bonnie K said...

Very Cool! Your own personal version of 'urban knitting' - in the wild!

Acorn to Oak said...

The leaves are cute and I like those colors together. My hubby was up there on Sunday riding his mountain bike. He said the weather was great! :-)

Judi said...

I have given you Liebster Award...I don't know if you've had it before, so don't feel you have to join in ...I just wanted to let people know what a great blog you have :o)