Sunday, September 29, 2013

early morning in the garden

To be honest, I did not enjoy the summer in Berkeley. To wake up to those foggy, chilly, sunless mornings put me in a dismal frame of mind. But September, ah September is splendid!  I wake up to refreshing, earthy air and bright sunshine.  

I love to go out on these lovely mornings and check on the garden with my morning coffee. On Saturday morning I took my camera to the garden, too, and this is what I got as the sun was coming into the backyard. (All photos are straight out of the camera, by the way, just adjusted for size)

a sprouting row of radishes


a "Rouge vif D'Etampes" pumpkin, glowing in the dawn light


dewdrops on clover at the base of the pumpkin


pumpkin leaf, backlit by the first strong rays of sun



3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I love garden photography in general, but that pumpkin is particularly beautiful!

evergreenknits said...

Thanks! Quite aside from the photography, it's a beautiful pumpkin!! I've never grown these pumpkins before, but it's especially deep-ribbed and richly colored.

KiniaCat Crafts said...

Is the pumpkin for eating or decoration - or both?
;-)